OAHHS Seeks Communications Specialist
The Communications Specialist is a key member of the Association’s communications team. The communications specialist will support the design and execution of all communications activities to advance the Association’s larger goals and objectives. Specifically, this position will be responsible for all design and copy editing of association materials. In addition, this position works with all departments to streamline messaging and provide a consistent and compelling voice for external communications.
- Work closely with office of Public Affairs to plan and implement a communications strategy that reflects the Association’s priorities through earned, paid and social media
- Responsible for managing the email communication platform of the association and building, editing and sending all member-wide emails in coordination with appropriate staff.
- Serve as the in-house graphic designer, with the ability to manage outside designers, and lead efforts to ensure consistency in branding and style across Association materials, and train and assist staff in use of consistent style.
- Serve as the association copy editor to edit consistent issue-based talking points, key messages, press releases, advisories, media briefings; pitch events and narratives; and manage press clips and background briefing papers for staff, members and affiliates
- Oversee the process of acquiring, editing and formatting Board and executive-level materials on a consistent basis in relationship with the Associate VP of public affairs and Executive VP. Specifically, for the Board of Trustees’ meetings and the annual CEO retreat in Sunriver
- Create all Association communications (print and digital), working closely with Associate VP of Public Affairs to ensure strategic alignment
- Support the proactive digital campaigns to effectively position Association on the cutting edge of health care information, including content for the association websites, online social communities, and electronic marketing campaigns
- Create and use an annual editorial calendar for all forms of recurring communications to align with Association’s larger strategic objectives
- Maintain and update OAHHS’ various web properties, suggesting and implementing new approaches as needed.
- Design the monthly Hospital View e-newsletter, and develop and issue other proactive e-communications for members and stakeholders to advance Association goals and keep members ahead of breaking news stories.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years’ experience in association, non-profit or customer service related field.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask on tight deadlines.
- Ability to take directions and execute in an effective timely manner.
- Technical writing and demonstrated copy editing experience, preferably AP style
- Web editing/publishing experience with basic HTML code
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Takes initiative, and demonstrates ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at once.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computer.
- Able to travel via car and plane.
OAHHS offers a competitive salary with robust benefits including employer paid health insurance, 401(k) participation, Vacation, Sick, and Holiday pay as part of its overall benefits package. We also offer a family-friendly environment and a convenient location.
If you possess the minimum requirements and are interested in joining our organization, please submit your resume with a detailed cover letter on what interests you about the position and OAHHS to:
OAHHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer